Snorkel with the Turtles at Cook Island
GOLD COAST AND TWEED COAST
Located less than 1km off Fingal Headland, the tiny volcanic outcrop of Cook Island is home to a permanent population of Green, Hawksbill & Loggerhead Turtles.
You may find some of these gentle giants even getting nice close & personal ready for a photo.
The hard and soft corals of the reef also provide lots of hiding places for cheeky clown fish, anemones and wobbegongs, as well as a huge variety of tropical and sub-tropical species.
From June to November, you’re likely to see the humpback whales on their annual migration. At the height of summer, the graceful ( and perfectly harmless! ) leopard sharks may be around. And at any time of the year, we are often joined by a pod of dolphins as we head out to the island.
This tour definitely rates as the experience of a lifetime. It will leave you in awe of the Tweed’s natural beauty and we guarantee you’ll be talking about it for months to come as the highlight of your holiday!
Voted #1 Best Wildlife Experience on the Gold Coast!
- Your Snorkel with the Turtles experience starts with gearing up and going through a snorkel brief before we leave the dock.
- Enjoy a 15-minute boat ride along the Tweed River, through the Tweed bar and past some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches.
- We’ll anchor off Cook Island, make sure everyone is kitted out with snorkelling gear and then … dive in!
- Our snorkelling instructor will be in the water with you to help any beginners and to make sure you don’t miss any turtle sightings. Plus give you a educational tour throughout your snorkel.
- WHEN: Available 7 days a week, all year round departing at 8.30AM, 11.00AM & 1.30PM NSW time if first boat is full. ( Please be flexible with your times and be aware that we will fill up the morning boats first! ) – weather permitting. Departures are usually scheduled for mornings to ensure the best conditions.
- WHERE: Departs from and returns to Fingal Boathouse, Fingal Road, Fingal Head, NSW 2487.
- DURATION: Approximately 2.5 HRS
- SUITABLE FOR: Intermediate and experienced snorkelers. Children from age 6 YRS and up are welcome – children under 14 YRS must be accompanied by an adult.
- WE CATER FOR : Individuals, couples, families and groups of up to 9 people.Due to constant changing weather conditions if you are booking within 24 hours of departure please call or sms 0430 082 890 to confirm.
- Qualified Snorkel Guide
- ALL equipment ( wetsuits, fins, mask & snorkel )
- floatation device
- FUN & ADVENTURE!