Snorkel with the Turtles at Cook Island
GOLD COAST AND TWEED COAST
Located less than 1km off Fingal Headland, the tiny volcanic outcrop of Cook Island is home to a permanent population of Green, Hawksbill & Loggerhead Turtles. You may find some of these gentle giants even getting nice close & personal ready for a photo.
From June to November, you’re likely to see the humpback whales on their annual migration. At the height of summer, the graceful ( and perfectly harmless! ) leopard sharks may be around. And at any time of the year, we are often joined by a pod of dolphins as we head out to the island.
Voted #1 Best Wildlife Experience on the Gold Coast!
- Cost $109 Child $129 Adult
- 2.5hrs duration
- Departs from and returns to Fingal Boathouse, Fingal Road, Fingal Head, NSW 2487.
- This is a guided activity
- Min of 1 pax / Max of 9 pax so round up the crew!
- Qualified Snorkel Guide
- ALL equipment ( wetsuits, fins, mask & snorkel )
- Life-jackets, floatation device
- FUN & ADVENTURE!
- Cook Island is home to a permanent population of Green, Hawksbill & Loggerhead Turtles.
- The hard and soft corals of the reef also provide lots of hiding places for cheeky clown fish, anemones and wobbegongs, as well as a huge variety of tropical and sub-tropical species.
- This tour definitely rates as the experience of a lifetime. It will leave you in awe of the Tweed’s natural beauty and we guarantee you’ll be talking about it for months to come as the highlight of your holiday!
- Your Snorkel with the Turtles experience starts with gearing up and going through a snorkel brief before we leave the dock.
- Enjoy a 15-minute boat ride along the Tweed River, through the Tweed bar and past some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches.
- We’ll anchor off Cook Island, make sure everyone is kitted out with snorkelling gear and then … dive in!
- Our snorkelling instructor will be in the water with you to help any beginners and to make sure you don’t miss any turtle sightings. Plus give you a educational tour throughout your snorkel.
Due to constant changing weather conditions if you are booking within 24 hours of departure please call or sms 0430 082 890 to confirm.