Bike Riding on the Tweed Coast
The Tweed Coast’s flat, wide oceanfront Cycleway is just perfect for bike riding … and Watersports Guru’s mountain bikes are your getaway for a fun day out with family and friends.
The Tweed Coast Cycleway is a network of dedicated paths and bike lanes stretching from north of Kingscliff all the way to Pottsville.
From our central bike hire location, you can choose your own cycling adventure – tootling around the Kingscliff parks and beachfront, or heading off on a 40km marathon to Pottsville and back, with plenty of options in between.
Our mountain bikes are suitable for all heights and ages, and all levels of cycling experience. We also have junior bikes for the kids and safety capsules for tiny tots so this really is an activity that the whole family can enjoy for an hour, a morning or all day.
SOME OF OUR FAVOURITE ITINERARIES:
- Cruise along the picturesque creekside bike path to Kingscliff’s beachfront parkland and esplanade ‘eat street’ where you can stop for a coffee or lunch at one of the al fresco cafes before heading back. Cycling time/distance: Less than an hour / 3km return
- From Kingscliff Bridge, cycle south past Salt Village’s million-dollar beachfront mansions to the Village Green and shopping centre. There is a selection of excellent cafes and restaurants here for lunch or a snack, or you can try a genuine home-made Italian ice-cream at the Gelateria. Cycling time/distance: Less than an hour / 3km return
- Take the Cycleway from Kingscliff through Salt Village and Casuarina to Cabarita for lunch or coffee at Pandanus Café or Cabarita Beach Resort. On the way back, stop for an ice-cream at Salt Village. Finish the day with a cleansing ale at one of the al fresco cafes lining Kingy’s esplanade ‘eat street’. The perfect summer afternoon! Cycling time/distance: Allow 2-3 hours / 20km return
- Follow the Cycleway to Cabarita and continue along the bike lane to Pottsville where you’ll find plenty of shops to explore and a range of cafes. You may like to take a detour along Centennial Drive to check out the Pottsville Environment Park and you’ll want to cool off with a swim in the creek or the beach before heading back to Kingscliff. Cycling time/distance: 4-5 hours / 38-40km return
- WHEN: Available 7 days a week, all year round – weather permitting
- WHERE: Watersports Guru’s Red Tent HQ, Kingscliff Bridge, Sutherland St, Kingscliff or delivered to your Tweed Coast home/holiday accommodation
- SUITABLE FOR: All ages
- WE CATER FOR: Individuals, small groups and large groups
- Malvin Star Escape mountain bike
- Baby capsules (on request)
- Bike locks (on request)